From 1st August 2019, all taxi, limousine and rideshare drivers are required to have completed training in Anti-Discrimination, Sexual Harassment and Disability Awareness. This course bundle satisfies BOTH PARTS of the required training, outlined by the Queensland Department of Main Roads and Transport.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Understand the legal implications relevant to you, and how to protect yourself and your livelihood
- The legal implications relevant to you
- The 16 Attributes relevant to anti-discrimination
- The difference between direct and indirect discrimination
- How Discrimination Occurs
- How to Avoid Discrimination & Stereotypes
- The effects and consequences of discrimination
- What sexual harassment is, how to recognise it and how to avoid it
- Acting professionally through your words, actions and body language
- Tips to provide a higher level of service
- What disability awareness means
- Understand the different models of disability and the language and terminology of disability
- The various types of impairments
- What not to say, myths and stereotypes
- How to communicate with a passenger with a disability and how to offer assistance
- Disability disclosure and how it relates to you as a driver
- Tips for the driver to provide a higher level of service.
Completion of this course satisfies the regulatory requirements, in QLD, for all limousine, taxi and rideshare drivers to satisfy the training requirement in Anti-Discrimination, Sexual Harassment & Disability Awareness.
This course is developed by a team of experienced Passenger Transport Operators and Corporate Trainers.
The course is easy to understand and customised specifically for rideshare drivers.
This course is not just about ticking off the required competencies. We believe that if you spend time doing training, that training should make you better at your job. That's why all of the examples and quiz content in the course is tailored to rideshare drivers and what you encounter while working.
You can complete the course through our online training portal on your computer, phone or tablet.
This course is tax-deductible.